All NARC FCU Offices will close at 1:00 P.M. on Friday, July 1, 2016 and will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2016 in observance of Independence Day
How to Become a Member
Simply open up a Regular Share Account with a $1.00 lifetime membership fee and a $50.00 minimum deposit. This is done by completing a signature card application. All credit union members receive quarterly statements reflecting activity on their Regular Share or Holiday Savings Accounts, loans, or share certificates. Share Draft account members receive monthly statements. NARC FCU's newsletter is sent to all members quarterly.
The field of membership is limited to all federal government civil industry employees and retirees in the Washington Metropolitan area, and those having the following common bond of association, occupation, or residence:
- Employees who work at the USDA George Washington Carver Center Agricultural Research Service and the Patuxent Research Refuge or the Fish and Wildlife Service at Beltsville, Maryland
- All Employees of the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center (BARC).
- Employees of the National Arboretum
- Soil Conservation Service employees located in Lanham, Maryland
- Current and new U.S. Government employees located at buildings on Ivy lane in Greenbelt
Spouses of persons who died while within the FOM of this credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate families; and organizations of such persons are also eligible for membership.
Members of immediate family include grandparents, parents, husband, wife, children, brother and sister and may live outside the household. Anyone in the family is eligible for membership if primary member is/was member of NARC FCU.